Today marks the 1 year anniversary of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the start of an unjust and brutal war.
It is hard not to become choked up reflecting on the past year. While there have been many difficult, heartbreaking days filled with immense uncertainty and tragedy, the Lord has continually shone His light through the work of brave partners and your generous prayers and support.
Most recently, your gifts helped rescue 44 children from Russian occupied territory and return them to their families in Ukraine. AFFEO partner Nikolai Kuleba was interviewed on the heroic efforts being undertaken to reunite Ukrainian children with their families.
Below are some of the remarkable ways your gifts have provided for the people of Ukraine over the past year. We pray you are encouraged “that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” (Philippians 1:6)
Your Gifts at Work Throughout Ukraine:
- 44 children rescued from Russian territory and reunited with their Ukrainian families.
- 134,000+ persons evacuated from dangerous, devastated areas, including orphans, children with disabilities, families with children, and elderly persons.
- 150+ families provided firewood; community centersprovided heating equipment to serve 50+ people a day.
- 411,000+ persons received provisions of food and water, hygiene and medical products, etc.
- 2,000+ persons provided bread per day.
- 100+ Ukrainian orphans and their caregivers received trauma therapy and counseling for many months in Germany.
- 110,000+ persons provided psychological and legal assistance.
- 2000+ persons trained in trauma informed care, increasing the number of specialists amongst social services, churches, and others serving war-torn children and families.
- 58,000+ persons provided safe shelter.
- 200+ modular homes installed and furnished in stable areas for the most vulnerable women, children, and families.
- Dozens of aged-out teens supported through evacuations, safe shelters, mentorship, and job opportunities.
Your gifts have saved countless lives, rescued the most vulnerable, and kept families together, showing the people of Ukraine they are worthy and not forgotten.
The vital work of serving our brothers and sisters in Ukraine continues because of your faithful prayers and support. We remain grateful and hopeful for the mighty ways the Lord will continue providing for his people!