Information Collected.On some AFFEO webpages you can provide contact information. AFFEO appreciates and takes very seriously the trust that you place in us by providing this personal information. By voluntarily submitting personal information to AFFEO, you agree that AFFEO may use that information to maintain contact with you, solicit contributions from you and provide you with information about AFFEO and its programs and initiatives.
Here are the types of personal information that we collect:
- Contact information: name, complete address, phone number, email address;
- Payment information: credit card number and expiration date, and billing information;
- Shipping information: name, complete address
- Email sign-up: name, email address
- Information concerning how you heard about AFFEO; and
- Information you wish to leave: questions, comments, suggestions.
How Information is Used.AFFEO uses your information to communicate with you, update you on our work, help you complete a transaction, and personalize your AFFEO experience. Credit card numbers are used only for donation or payment processing purposes and are not retained for any other reason. We use any feedback you provide to us on how we can improve communication
Donor Portal. AFFEO maintains a donor portal, available at: https://affeo.kindful.com/users/sign_up. From the donor portal, donors may change or delete their own personal information.
- IT service providers
- Companies that assist with customer service, shipping, or event registration
- Companies that provide other services to support our relationship with you
- Companies that provide demographic and market research assistance
Security. AFFEO is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the proper use of information, we have established and implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use Internet encryption software in compliance with PCI best practices when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. Once we receive your credit card information, it is accessible only to a small number of trusted AFFEO staff who have been specially trained in processing this information.
Site Monitoring. AFFEO does not collect personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide personal information to AFFEO (e.g., by making a donation or signing up to receive e-mail). AFFEO does, however, monitor and collect certain navigational information from visitors to our website, utilizing traditional and commonly practiced methods in order to provide the best online experience. This information helps us understand:
- The IP address and domain name from which this website was accessed.
- The date and time this website was visited.
- The amount of time spent viewing this site.
- The web pages or services accessed.
- The website visited prior to accessing this website.
- The website visited after this website, if applicable.
- Any form that was downloaded, if applicable.
- Any link or click action taken on the website.
Removing Your Name from our Mailing List. Our e-newsletters give you the opportunity to remove your name from our mailing list. If you would like your information removed from our overall mailing list so that you do not receive any future communications from us, you can call us at 360-358-3293 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. AFFEO will retain transaction and account information for compliance and internal reporting purposes.
Data Accuracy. In addition to maintaining privacy and security controls over the personal information you share with us, AFFEO strives to ensure that the personal information we have collected is current and accurate. If you wish to verify, correct or amend the personal information that AFFEO has collected from you, you may do so by contacting us at 360-358-3293 or email@example.com. AFFEO employees are available during business hours to answer questions about your financial contributions.
A Family for Every Orphan
PO Box 34628 #37939
Seattle, WA 98124-1628
This policy was last reviewed in August 2019.