COVID-19 Information Center
Orphans and vulnerable children need you now more than ever!
A Global Pandemic
COVID-19 is touching us all. We are all trying to protect and care for our family and friends and others.
The toll the virus is taking stretches far across the world—severely impacting orphans and other vulnerable children.
Impact on children
Although children generally appear less susceptible to the COVID-19 virus because of their age, in reality orphans and vulnerable children are at high risk.
- Over 1.5 billion school-aged children (91%) around the world cannot attend school right now
- Children are 3x more likely to be exposed to violence during times like these
- Domestic abuse and child sexual abuse also increases
- Globally, millions of children are at great risk of neglect and malnutrition
- Many orphanages are closing their doors. Children are being returned to biological families who are unfit to care for them. In some cases, the children are going wherever they can find shelter
Recent news about COVID-19 has impacted us all. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve. We are continuing to monitor information around COVID-19, including guidelines from federal, state, and local authorities.
A Family for Every Orphan will keep you updated with each of our international programs and their specific prayer requests. Many of our on-ground partners are reporting business shutdowns, curfews, lack of testing kits and ventilators, and many children out of school and without meals – all of which are negatively affecting vulnerable children and orphans.